The Chief Revenue Officer (“CRO”) is Cohesion’s Revenue leader and is responsible for delivering and exceeding the company’s bookings and revenue objectives.
What You’ll Do
The primary goals of the CRO are to lead the functional areas of pipeline generation, sales leadership, alliances and channel partnerships to meet and exceed the stated revenue objectives of the business. The CRO will be expected to carry a quota alongside the rest of their team.
This role is responsible for further developing data-driven sales processes, identifying, and closing new business opportunities, and managing the team to exceed revenue expectations. The role requires start-up grit, with a passion for growth and achieving extraordinary results. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
To achieve all this the CRO will have full P&L responsibility for the revenue forecast and budgets of the sales, partnerships, and business development teams.
SALES LEADERSHIP AND QUOTA
- Develop and execute a revenue plan that aligns with the company’s overall business goals.
- Recruit, onboard and lead the sales team. Set targets and motivate team to exceed revenue goals.
- Achieve personal booking and revenue objectives.
- Implement MEDDICC methodology with team to drive performance.
- Develop and achieve revenue forecasts and budgets.
- Define systems, processes and language to track and execute key performance indicators (KPIs) related to revenue generation and sales achievement. This includes pipeline generation, e-mails sent, calls, new meetings, proposals, demos, POVs, contracts, upsells, and other activities.
- Provide ongoing training and mentorship to the sales team to enhance their skills and capabilities.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development within the sales organization.
- Expand Cohesion’s relationships with alliance and channel partners to scale the company’s sales efforts through these channels.
- Explore additional partnership opportunities across sales efforts to expedite our ability to execute on our roadmap and business development goals.
- Define, track, analyze, execute and review key performance indicators (KPIs) related to revenue generation and sales effectiveness.
- 10+ years of quota-carrying sales experience, with 5+ years in sales leadership roles in software industry – specifically leading an enterprise software sales team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated track record implementing, operationalizing, and executing the MEDDICC sales methodology.
- Demonstrated track record recruiting, onboarding, training, and achieving optimized productivity with an enterprise software sales team.
- Inclusive and solutions-oriented leadership style that can execute effectively and efficiently.
- Expertise selling SaaS products in an enterprise environment. (CRE background is a plus).
- Board level presence and communications skills.