We are seeking a Senior Data Product Manager to serve as the data authority at the organization, with deep experience working with customer data in product development, creating data-centered narratives, and a strong PowerBI (or other data visualization software) skillset. The ideal candidate will first and foremost be a passionate storyteller not only to be leveraged by marketing, but to add immense value for the customer and the smart building industry as a whole. They will take a meticulous approach to leveraging data throughout the development process to evaluate product impact, be skilled in developing compelling data stories for use by the marketing and sales team, and adept at uncovering valuable customer insights that will drive the maturity of the Cohesion Platform’s data capabilities moving forward.
What you’ll Do:
- Practice Radical Ownership in Product Management: Apply Product Management methodologies to guide the development of the features, reports, and analysis you are responsible for. Develop roadmaps, value propositions, lifecycle plans, and outcome driven feature prioritization related to existing and new capabilities for your team.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation: Act as both a data analysis expert and product manager, interpreting data and proactively maintaining the required pipelines to answer business questions through data-driven insights.
- Storytelling: Develop compelling narratives leveraging insights that communicate value and ROI. Craft and create presentations and reports for stakeholders across the business that clearly demonstrate the impact of your analysis.
- Benchmarks: Proactively discover and cultivate essential industry benchmarks to guide product choices and generate groundbreaking market insights. Develop customer-ready reports and compelling data visualizations.
- Data Visualization: Utilize Power BI (or similar platform) for data visualization, reporting and analytics for outcome driven conversations with customer for the Customer Success team and internal narrative development for Marketing and Sales.
- Metrics & Tracking: Define, track, and interpret key metrics for generated reports. Distill large amounts of data into actionable steps for the customer, built into the product.
- Market Research: Conduct market, competitor, and customer research, design discovery, design analysis, business opportunity discovery, pricing/monetization research, and user/beta testing.
- Product Discovery: Be responsible for conversations directly with customers to understand the problem space and develop a set of product requirements, success metrics, and feedback on business impact.
- Customer Personas: Collaborate with marketing to create data-based customer personas and value propositions for the products and reports we create.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- Proven experience in product management with a strong emphasis on data-driven decision-making.
- 5+ experience working as a product manager, senior data analyst, senior business analyst, data scientist, or data engineering role.
- Strong expertise in Power BI or other data visualization tool and related analytics.
- Demonstrated ability in developing data narratives, benchmark creation, and uncovering customer insights.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret large datasets.
- Proven experience in reporting on insights that reflect customer use of the product.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- SQL expertise and Databricks experience.
- Experience in managing data-centric or platform SaaS products that include the use of modern data science capabilities like regression analysis, classification, and LLMs, is preferred.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their resume, cover letter, and any relevant portfolio items highlighting their Power BI expertise and examples of data narratives to Chad Flores, VP of Product at [email protected]